I love to sing!
|Posted on December 12, 2017 at 8:25 PM||comments ()|
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've been super busy. So just wanted to update y'all. This past year I got to go to L.A. to take part in the World Championship of Performing Arts. I learned a lot there and it was sooo much fun! I also made new friends from different parts of the world. Which inspired me to write a new song. My song is called "Before the Music" and is about how music is so powerful that it can bring people together, even if their from different worlds. You can watch it here https://youtu.be/cUdNBNJlwOc
|Posted on December 12, 2017 at 8:15 PM||comments ()|
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've been super busy. So just wanted to update y'all. This past year I got to go to L.A. to take part in the World Championship of Performing Arts. I learned a lot there and it was sooo much fun! I also made new friends from different parts of the world. Which inspired me to write a new song. My song is called "Before the Music" and is about how music is so powerful that it can bring people together, even if their from different worlds. You can check it out at https://youtu.be/cUdNBNJlwOc ;
|Posted on October 28, 2016 at 8:55 PM||comments ()|
My first EP with six of my original songs is now available on Amazon, Itunes, or listen for free on Spotify! Super exciting! I've just started working with a couple people (a drummer and a bassist) to try to form a band. It's pretty new...but a lot of fun playing with other people! I recently was able to sing with a brother and sister close to my age...it's always fun to work with other young people! I also had the opportunity to sing Sweet Home Alabama with an amazing back-up band! Those two songs are on my Facebook page...poor video quality...but it was an amazing night!
Over the past year, I have met so many nice people when I perform at different events. I love meeting people, so if you ever see me out and about performing stop by and say "Hi!"
|Posted on August 21, 2016 at 9:15 PM||comments ()|
Hey Y'all! I know it's been a while since I posted. I've been super busy between work, babysitting, school work....and I finally finished enough songs to get them recorded! I am in the process of recording my first album! It started out as an untitled five song cd, but I kind of stumbled across a perfect title...I loved it so much, I wished I had a song by the same title...so, I went to work! Now I have my sixth song and it will be the title of the album!
In case your interested, I'll try to share a little background of each of my songs.
1. Perfect Cowboy-- My mom and my guitar teacher both told me I should try writing a song...so I figured I better try! I had no idea where to start as far as lyrics...but I did have a tune in my mind. My mom suggested I should write a song about what my perfect cowboy would be like. We talked about the topic. Soon the song started to grow. Anyhow, the basic theme is that to be perfect for someone does not mean you have to fit into "Hollywood's" image of perfection.
2. Bless His Heart--This was my second song. Again I had a tune in my head but I couldn't think of a song for the music. One day my mom came home and laughing she said something like, "You should write a country song about one of the most popular southern phrases." At which time we both said, "Bless his heart!" The title soon turned into a song. The song is about how shallow some people are...how they use "little white lies and phony little lines" to try to get their way.
3. Tell Me Why--I guess song kind of came from watching and seeing guys trying to hide their lies to try to impress a girl. The song turned into a "cheating" song...which wasn't the original plan, but it works!
4. Long Dirt Road--This song first was born from a conversation I was having. Someone asked me what would I want to write my next song about. My response, "My cowboy boots!" The thought of I love my cowboy boots turned into more-or-less a story of my years growing up on a long dirt road.
5. Hey Guys--This song is kind of the flipside of "Tell Me Why." I have talked with some guys who had been hurt by girls. So I got to thinking about guys getting hurt, too. This song is an apology for all the nasty women out there mistreating good guys.
Last but not least...the sixth song and title of the album is....
|Posted on June 26, 2016 at 7:20 PM||comments ()|
Tennessee! I love Tennesse!
We recently went on vacation in Tennessee and we fell in love! We visited family who live a couple hours from Nashville! But they also live about an hour from Pigeon Forge and Gaitlinburg! What an awesome time we had. Not only is it so beautiful there but it is some much fun! We went on a hike, did tourist things in Gaitlinburg, and met up with a friend in Knoxville...oh and let me not forget to mention...shopppping!!!
We also got to spend a couple days in Nashville! It was awesome. The highlights: Ryman Auditorium (and recording my first song in that amazing place with so much history), singing at a restaurant, and going to the Grand Ole Opry! Oh, and did I mention...shopppping!!!
Some day I just have to live in Tennessee!
|Posted on June 26, 2016 at 7:00 PM||comments ()|
Hey, Y'all! It's been a long time. I've been super busy...I've recently started working at a restaurant. Add to that my everyday school work, singing, guitar..and now occassionally writing songs, I have been busy. There is so much to talk about I'm going to divide this into two post.
So, I just told y'all I have a job, I also recently bought my first car! I worked hard babysitting the past few years--saving--and with the new job, I had enough to buy a starter car...some day I'm going to own a Jeep...but that's going to be a while!
I've had a few awesome performances. I sang at the BBQ Blowout in Oviedo! I love singing in Oviedo...the people are so nice and encouraging. Being a performer is tough, there are always negatives and rejections that you have to face...but when you get to sing for a great crowd it's awesome!
I was also in a teen variety show. We had comedy skits, group songs, and improv...improv is so much fun! I had the opportunity to sing the National Anthem at some local events...and I got to sing my newest song at a coffee house.
I'm looking forward to some up coming events. The one I am really super excited about is another show at the Derry Down! I love the musicians there and this time I am going to sing one of my original songs...with a band!
I guess that's about it...now to write my blog about my trip to Nashville.
|Posted on March 6, 2016 at 1:10 PM||comments ()|
Hey Y'all! I've been staying busy...between school work, babysitting, learning new songs, and writing a song...oh and performing...I seem to always be busy!
I got a guitar for Christmas and I've been taking lessons this year. My teacher said I should try writing songs...so I have been. I have had some help with lyrics...but I am almost finished with my first song! Just a little more practice and fine tuning!
I'm adding my second video blog from Youtube...it has a little sneak-peak of my song...
|Posted on February 28, 2016 at 9:30 AM||comments ()|
Hey y'all! I posted a video blog on Youtube as new feature to share more about me...here's the video...
|Posted on February 19, 2016 at 7:20 AM||comments ()|
I'm so excited about my first website...and it has a blog! I hope to post a new entry on a regular basis and keep y'all up to date on what is happening in my life.
I babysit a few days a week and right now I am getting ready for work...so, have a look around the site, check out my Facebook and Youtube links, and message me with any comments or questions!
Always live life to the fullest!!